background

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

more soccer





















Rachel is loving soccer. We had practice last night, though we thought it would be a rain out. It rained on us the whole way home, which led to Rachel whining, "but I want to play soccer" the whole way home. Due to the asphalt explosion on 49 yesterday afternoon our drive home was a little longer as we had to go backroads the whole way. This set off a whole new round of objections from Rachel because she said that was not the way we go home, and she wanted to play soccer. To which I answered, "You have a point sweet pea, but there is a big hole in the road, and we can't go home the way we usually go." She got so excited about the big hole in the road she forgot about the rain. She had to tell everybody she saw at school this morning about the hole in the road and that they put a patch on it.

Anyway we did get to play soccer after all. It felt so good outside. I kind of wish it would rain everytime before practice. There was a nice breeze blowing, the sun was behind the clouds, and we had a beautiful sunset on the way home.

Her first practice last Tuesday she did such a great job. That Thursday it was sooo hot, and she just went back and forth between me and the field the whole time. I can't say I blame her on that one. Last night she started out acting shy when her coach asked her if she was ready to play. She would run out onto the field, then do a u-turn and run back to me. Her coach got down on his knees and told her if she wanted to play then she had to get out there and stretch and play like her team mates, and that it wasn't fair to the others who were out there practicing if she got to play without participating in the practices. I thought that might have been a little over her head, but to my surprise she said she wanted to play and went out on the field with her team and didn't look back. I'm glad we got the coach we did. He is very good with the kids, patient but tough at the same time. He did have to break out the whistle last night though because they wouldn't listen to him. Let me tell you, they jumped to attention when they heard the whistle. I'm thinking I may need one of those! :)

We are looking forward to Jonathan working at home for a few weeks coming up. Hopefully he can get off in time to come to some soccer practices. This girl loves her Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment