background

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The power of words

I was reading the Metro Christian Living Magazine and came upon an interesting article about the power of words. My mom is doing a Bible study at her church about that very thing. The article cited Proverbs 25:11 "A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."
It is amazing how our words can affect others so deeply. They can be used to build someone up or tear someone down. Col. 4:6 says "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." That would be God's way of telling us to choose our words wisely. That article just jumped out at me because I need to work on that myself.

On another note, this is my weekend to work, and I am missing my baby oh so badly. As I was telling her bye this morning, she said, "I hope you come back here soon." I love that baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment